vrijdag 6 mei 2011

The Dream Table Lamp - Pipistrello to you too

I'm a sucker for Jugendstil or Art Nouveau. The floral and organic forms typical to this this form of new art combined with an artisanal approach is simply mouth-watering to me.
I first fell in love with this art form when joining the oldest student fraternity in Utrecht. At the end of the 19th century the fraternity chose August Heinrich Zinsmeister's design for their new 'home', eventually being built in 1900. Main style was similar to the Berlage's work with hints of Jugendstil.
From that day on I'm a (still) growing fan everything of the 'Amsterdam School' , Jugendstil, Art Nouveau, Art deco and Bauhaus.
On one of my first walks with our English Bulldog in the green surroundings of Hilversum, where my in-laws live, I passed a stunning Bauhaus-styled villa and immediately noticed two out-of-this-world table lamps sitting on the windowsill of their living room. Since then , one of my nonnegotiable demands is to add two copies to our collection when we move into a new apartment in Amsterdam. Simply gorgeous!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten