donderdag 17 maart 2011

The Dream Ring - The Tiffany Setting

The famous Tiffany Setting

"The Tiffany [Setting] engagement ring is the ring by which all other rings are measured."

Yes, I am a big Tiffany's fan. I proposed to my wife some five years ago. To mask my intentions we went to Paris as a Valentine treat and stayed at the overly romantic Relais Christine. I had reserved a ring at Tiffany's flagship store on Rue de la Paix. Because my wife-to-be at the time wasn't supposed to know the real reason for our visit to the store I arranged to meet the store manager that day to 'pick up a pair of silver collar stays'. After a hilarious half hour (my almost fiancee kept following me until another sales representative gave her a guided tour) I walked out of the shop with a big lump in my jacket's ticket pocket. She didn't notice a thing.
After dinner I proposed on the banks near Pont Neuf. Very cliché, as the two other men (both in front of their better halves and on their knees some fifty meters upstream) will echo.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten