zaterdag 5 maart 2011

The Dream Daybed - Gandia Blasco


I have a reason for posting this picture. It reminds me to put together an evening to remember at the beach with two good friends of mine and their better halves.
When in Holland, my parents spend a small part of each summer at their three bedroom home in coastal town Zandvoort. Leaving the rest of the year to us when we need it. Its close proximity to Amsterdam makes it an ideal getaway on hot and humid evenings in the city.

One of the two guys and his girlfriend have been inviting us to their home every now and then for an evening well spent with good food, drinks and most important: good company. We need to do something back. The other is an excellent cook, having worked at renowned restaurants throughout the country, which comes in handy on the planned evening. After helping him move between apartments a few times I told him he could reciprocate by showing some magic this summer. He gladly accepted.
Because he's partly responsible for my interest in the food section when entertaining people, I convinced him to work with me on a mindblowing menu and execution.
The house itself is as awful as it gets, so I moved the dinner setting to the beach which is just down the road. For the cabana or daybed if you may, I took inspiration from Gandia Blasco's reclinable daybed albeit with a slightly less clinical feel to it. I'm also thinking of getting the 40 cm high version of Bloompot's illuminated flower pot to function as a centerpiece wine cooler. Because the pot also doubles as a dimmed lamp there's no need for extra lighting.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten